Made this one a couple nights ago and my only regret was that I didn’t make a triple batch.
Or maybe it’s better that I didn’t because the evidence of my lack of self control when it comes to food right now isn’t weighing in my favor (no pun…or maybe pun…intended).
A couple thoughts and then I’ll turn you loose with it:
- if your chicken is already made, this one comes together super quick. This go-round, I didn’t have already cooked chicken to pull from the freezer so I did a 20 min in boiling water for a couple breasts, quickly chopped them up and called it good. A rotisserie chicken would work awesome as well.
- I made tostadas by baking (and flipping often) some small corn tortillas in the oven until they were my desired crispiness and browned – but you can definitely pick up the store bought variety (I think those are fried, though, so that takes away some points for “healthy” but I’m getting ready to load you up on cheese and cream so….I don’t know that healthy is the goal with this one anyway)
- This meal would have served super well with a side of Mexican rice (which we didn’t have) and I’ll be planning it that way next time.
- Don’t worry about leftovers. There won’t be any. We were just short of licking the pan over here…
This recipe adapted from One Pan Keto Recipes
Creamy Green Chile Chicken Tostadas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can green chiles chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 2-3 cups chicken cooked and chopped or shredded
- 12 tostada shells
- 1 avocado chopped and sprinkled with salt
- heat oil and melt butter over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic: saute until soft
- drop temperature to medium, add milk, cream and cream cheese and stir until all melted and combined
- add cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir well
- add green chiles, cheddar cheese and chicken. Stir to combine and adjust seasonings as desired
- warm through and serve over tostada shells that have been warmed in the oven with a sprinkling of cheese. Top with fresh avocado