I love using my crockpot.
In the winter it gives a warmth and casts the most wonderful scent throughout the house.
In the summer I put that dude out on the deck or covered patio and make a hands-off meal that doesn’t heat an already prone to being hot house.
I especially love crockpot meals that are freezer friendly – so when I put one together for dinner tonight, a second can be added to a freezer stock for a dump and go dinner at another time.
This particular crockpot meal is good for spring, summer, winter and fall. It’s also an amazing next day breakfast addition.
Celiac safe, freezer friendly, crockpot hands off and delicious.
What more could you seriously ask for?
Side Note: I prefer using my homemade chicken <bone> stock. Store bought is just fine as well, but if you want to spread your wings with some tasty stock made at home utilizing EVERY part of that whole chicken you had for Sunday dinner…I got you!
Crockpot Kielbasa Hash
- 1 lb Kielbasa Sausage sliced
- 32 oz bag frozen hashbrowns
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in sauce pan
- Add rice flour, whisk to combine and work out all lumps
- Add chicken stock and milk, continue to whisk while liquid comes to a boil and begins to thicken
- Season with thyme and poultry seasoning
- Adjust taste to preference with addition of salt and pepper
- Put hashbrowns, cheese, and kielbasa into crockpot
- Pour liquid over the top and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 4 hours