The convenience of the crockpot simply cannot be argued.
I’ve always loved (and used) mine a lot but find myself drawn to it more and more the longer this quarantine drags on.
I love to cook, but the honest truth is that these days are becoming longer and longer (with no real end in sight at the present time) and most days the idea of making dinner leaves me sighing…heavily.
This crockpot option is the perfect one-pot situation. No need to make anything additional, unless a slice of garlic bread or bread stick strikes your fancy.
I worked off the recipe from 365 Days of Slow & Pressure Cooking – with some modifications that fit our preferences.
Crockpot Sausage & Green Beans
- 1 pound Kielbasa sausage sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms sliced or quartered
- 1 pound Fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 pound Red potatoes cubed
- 1 medium Onion halved and sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Tony's Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Taste and adjust seasoning to preference