This recipe has me dreaming about all the fresh green beans to come this season from the garden.
Before their arrival I took a run at perfecting it for our tastes with the store bought variety…which are also good but simply can’t hold a candle to what is grown at home.
This last go-round the dish hit all the high notes and I feel the need to tinker no more!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Packed with nutrients.
Super quick and simple.
Fresh. Fresh. Fresh.
Ground Turkey, Green Beans & Mushrooms
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil divided (2/1)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- rice or rice noodles cooked per package directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- While oven warms, toss green beans with 2 tbsp avocado oil, season with salt and pepper and spread in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Begin cooking beans, setting timer for 10 minutes
- Toss mushrooms with 1 tbsp avocado oil, season with salt and pepper
- When 10 min timer goes off, stir beans and add mushrooms to the pan. Return to oven and cook another 10 min.
- While cooking beans and mushrooms, heat olive and sesame oil in pan. Add turkey, garlic and ginger and cook until meat is no longer pink
- Add beans and mushrooms to pan with turkey. Add soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir to combine
- Serve over rice or rice noodles with extra drizzle of soy sauce as needed