Ham & Broccoli Alfredo
- 12 oz gluten free pasta cooked 1 min short of package directions
- 1 jar alfredo sauce double check for gluten in ingredients
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups frozen broccoli steamed in microwave
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta and broccoli according to package directions
- Warm ham in alfredo sauce on stove, stir in cooked broccoli
- Top pasta with alfredo/ham/broccoli
- Serve immediately
Ham and broccoli alfredo is one of those recipes with simple ingredients that are cost-effective and easy to keep on hand.
Because the ingredients for this recipe don’t require a lot of freezer space (just the ham and broccoli!), I generally have ham and broccoli alfredo on hand in the freezer/pantry as a back-up.
When I set out to do “freezer meal prep” this recipe always make the list.
Of course there’s always the option to make your own alfredo from scratch (like this copycat Olive Garden recipe from Cupcake Diaries) and using fresh broccoli over frozen is never a bad idea….
…but for the sake of keeping non-perishable ingredients on hand and having a quick option for when you’ve planned leftovers for dinner and those have run out, or you forgot to grab that hamburger from the freezer and it’s frozen solid come dinnertime…ham and broccoli alfredo via the store-bought convenience foods route is a WIN!
Having a box of frozen garlic bread tucked away in the freezer for such an occasion is a WIN-WIN!
Oh…and if your kids aren’t thrilled about broccoli as mine are…sub with a veggie they do enjoy.