Please don’t judge this recipe by the picture.
It’s awful. I know!
Getting an appropriate mouth-watering picture was a struggle (I’ll try again after it’s cooked and with any luck can do a picture update then).
What you need to know is that this is not only a freezer worthy casserole but with cooked chicken (I make mine in, big batch, in the crock-pot) and rice made ahead of time (discover how I mastered the perfect rice in the instapot) in the mix you can toss it together in no time at all!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can rotel
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheese (see note re: dairy free)
- Additional toppings: sour cream, salsa, guac, etc.
- Mix all ingredients (except cheese) together in a large bowl
- Add a little water if needed (for the taco seasoning)
- Pour into greased oven safe pan
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Cover and cook until warmed through: 350 degrees for about 25 min, remove foil last 5'ish min to allow cheese to brown