My favorite thing about this casserole?
All your favorite pizza toppings, lightly sauced and held together by gooey cheese — minus the crust makes this one carb friendly and gluten free!!
I’ll share what went into mine in the recipe below but don’t be afraid to mix it up…seriously…anything goes!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato based sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Brown hamburger and sausage, drain and set aside
- Cook mushrooms until softened and water is released
- put 1/4 cup tomato based sauce in bottom of greased pan
- divide all other ingredients in half, layering with the other 1/4 cup tomato based sauce and half the cheese in the middle, followed by the other half of ingredients
- top with remaining cheese
- cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to brown cheese
- serve with garlic bread (if carbs and gluten free aren't an issue) or a side salad for an extra serving of veggies