This is another of those meals that stretches on the cheap because rice – which is ridiculously inexpensive – is a major player.
Cook that rice ahead of time (a day or two) so it doesn’t hold up the process for this recipe AND so it’s the perfect consistency.
And let your Instapot do the heavy lifting with cooking the rice: big batch style! Cooked rice freezes well and will save you down the road…promise that!
Here’s how to make the perfect rice!!
Then, get started on this simple, quick, delicious recipe!
And double up for a freezer meal!
Sausage & Mushroom Rice
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 4 cups rice cooked
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- brown sausage, remove from pan reserving grease
- re-warm grease in pan and add garlic. Cook for 1 minute
- add onion to pan. Cook 1-2 minutes until onions begin to soften
- add mushrooms and cook through
- pour Marsala cooking wine in pan, bring to a boil and de-glaze any bits from bottom of pan
- stir in rice
- add soy sauce
- season with salt and pepper
Links on this page may be affiliate in nature. Please see full disclosure about affiliate linking on the ‘disclosure’ page.